Do you want to start making more money in your business?
Do you know that you should be using social media better but you're just not sure where to start?
I get it. There are so many tools (email, social media, Ravelry, etc) out there, it can be overwhelming. You aren't sure which one to is going to work best for your particular business. Maybe you don't really understand what kind of newsletter a knitting designer should have, or what a yarn dyer is supposed to post on Instagram besides pictures of their yarn and won't that seem too salesy after a while?
Imagine a world where you open your inbox every morning and see new sales.
Imagine no longer feeling stressed about what you should be posting and where and when.
It is possible to have fun engaging with your customers and potential customers on social media. You can get to the point where you feel really comfortable with your marketing and it's no longer scary. It is possible to have a thriving business in the yarn and fibre industry. But you have to understand that it's not enough to just list your pattern on Ravelry, or put up some new yarn in your shop and wait for people to find it and hopefully buy it.
The truth is, you need to talk MORE about your work. You need to share it more if you want your business to grow.
And it doesn't have to be hard or feel sleezy.
All marketing boils down to is talking to your audience consistently in a way that is meaningful to them. You just need to get clear on who exactly your audience is, where you can find them (and how to help them find you), and what you should be saying to them. Three things. That's it.
So is this the year you're going to take your business to the next level?
Is it time to stop waiting for customers to come to you and learn how to go out and find them yourself?
Tara Swiger and I have taken our Elevate Your Business workshop that we did together in Manchester and turned it into an online course. We've already seen some amazing growth from the businesses that came in November, and now we want to help you see the same results.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
WEek ONE: Create Your Marketing message
- Find your right people: You have to know who you are talking to and I'll give you a hint it's not "knitters and crocheters".
- Create your marketing message: You also have to know what makes you special, what makes you stand out, and we'll help you discover this.
- Create content that connects: Now you know who you are talking to and why they would want to buy from you, it's time to create your content!
Week TWO: SEtting up your home
- How to choose a website provider: We'll talk about the differences between Wordpress and Squarespace and which one is best for you.
- Making your site optimised for search: This sounds scary but really it's about simple things you can do to make sure if people search for you that they are going to find you.
- Making it sharable (online and off): When people find you, it's important to make sure that they can easily share your stuff!
Week THREE: Your Customer Path
- Discover your customer path: How does someone go from not knowing who you are to purchasing your product? You have to get clear on this.
- Priorities for coming closer: Let's move that customer down your path and closer to buying.
- Making an offer: One of the key components of marketing is asking for the sale and we'll teach you how to do (in a way that feels good to you.)
Week FOUR: Email list
- The importance of an email list: Learn why not having an email list is the single biggest mistake you could make.
- Picking a newsletter provider: We'll talk about the differences between Mailchimp and ConvertKit and which one is best for you.
- Brainstorming opt-ins: The best way to get people to sign up for your email list is by offering them an opt-in, but coming up with one can be tricky. Not after this lesson.
- Your newsletter content plan: Okay so we've convinced you that you need a list, but what the heck do you send them? Don't worry, we've got a lot of ideas for you so this will be a piece of cake.
week FIVE: Social Media
- What you need to know before you start: You can't just jump in and hope to succeed, there are some specific things you need to figure out before you start using social media to grow your business.
- Pick your platform: We'll help you pick out the one or two platforms that will work the best for you.
- Getting the most out of each platform: We've got specific strategies for each platform that take 5-10 minutes a day to implement.
week SIX: Putting it all together
- You've sat through 5 weeks of information and that's great. But it's no use if you don't start taking action. We are going to make sure that you leave with an action plan so you know exactly what to do next.
What past students have to say...
"I've been running my business susccessully online for a couple of years, but I still came away from Elevate Your Business with multiple pages of notes, ideas, inspirations and to dos. Tara and Joeli combine their years of experience with a heartfelt and soulful approach that makes this an incredibly useful course both for total beginners and anyone looking to fill in the blanks. In a world where we're always being told to do more, and catch up, it's a delight to find a coaching resource that encourages you to make the choices that really work for you." Sara Tasker, Me and Orla
"Elevate Your Business teaches you how not to do it all. It's so easy to feel overwhelmed as a small business owner with all the social media options and just as easy to get lost in the day to day tasks of your business and not see the bigger, long term goals. Tara and Joeli teach you how refocus your efforts, concentrate on the aspects that work, ditch those that don't, so that you can reach your long term goals. Elevate Your Business is an excellent course that I can't recommend highly enough." Tash Burrett, Quirky Hand Knits
- 6 modules broken down into 16 bite-size video lessons so you don’t get overwhelmed with a bunch of material all at once!
- 13 worksheets to make sure that you take action on each lesson.
- Bonus videos covering setting up Mailchimp and ConvertKit so there’s no confusion about how you’re going to deliver that awesome opt-in we help you create.
- Access to a private FB group so you connect with other students and get their feedback and help as you work through the material. (Tara and Joeli hang out there too and answer questions, but trust me that a hive mind is way better than the opinion of just one or two people, no matter how awesome those two people are!)
- Lifetime access to everything, so you can go through the material again whenever you need a refresher.
- Continually updated material -- if a platform changes, or new tools come up, we'll make sure the information is up to date!
ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED UNTIL 2018!
GET ON THE WAITLIST TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN SPOTS OPEN AGAIN:
We want you to be extraordinarily happy with Elevate Your Business which is why we have a 30 day money back guarantee.
We can't promise that you'll start getting more sales in 30 days, but I do know that what we teach you is going to make a big difference if you actually implement it. So if after 30 days you're not convinced that we've helped you, just show us that you've done the work and we'll gladly refund you.
Tara Swiger is the author of Market Yourself, a workbook on creating marketing plan for your handmade business. She began her entrepreneurial journey as a yarn-maker, and quit her (boring!) day job in 2009 to be a full-time maker. She has been writing and teaching about handmade business for over 6 years, via (free) email lessons (sign up here!), her weekly podcast, and in-person and online courses. Her superpower is translating complex business principles into the language of artists and makers and turning theory into doable Action Plans.
Joeli has been working in the knitting world for seven years and has a solid reputation in the industry. She's worked with magazines, book publishers, yarn companies, and hundreds of indie designers. For the past four years she's been training tech editors and helping them get started with their businesses, and over the past couple years she's started to do the same with designers. Her superpower is understanding what's going on with social media, what's going to be big, and strategies for using social media to grow a business.
+ When does the course start?
The course will open again in May.
+ How is it delivered?
The lessons will be on Teachable.
+ What if I fall behind with the lessons?
Again, don't worry! You have lifetime access to the materials so you can revisit it when you have time again.
+ How is this course different from other stuff you and Tara teach?
You might have heard us talk about some of the topics before, especially if you've been following one of us for a long time. That said, this is the first time we are joining forces to combine our knowledge. Joeli has never had a course with the information that Tara has contributed to this, and Tara has never had a course with the information that Joeli has contributed to this. Neither of us has created a course that discusses specific tactics for the knitting/crochet/yarn industry.
+ Who is this course for?
Because of our individual experiences growing businesses in the craft and fibre industry, this course is really aimed at creative entrepreneurs in similar fields.